Friday, October 19, 2007

All Smoke and Mirrors

All smoke and mirrors, just when you think you know, just when you think you understand, you realize
It’s smoke reflected in mirrors.
Just like the reflecting of a lost soul
When you get too close
Gone like smoke.
Just a reflection in the mirror,
You’re only a phantasm.
Someone I once thought I might think I know
But I should have known
You’d be gone once the wind drove you away.
You’re the echo of the footsteps
In some half forgotten dream
You’re the mis-remembered memory
That I thought I knew so well
The shadow of a shiver
At the touch I’ve known so very well
The ghost of a memory that faded like a wisp ‘o’ wil.
Smoke and mirrors
Those games you always play.
Smoke and mirrors
As you fade away
Smoke and mirrors.
Your face has already started to leave my memory
Where it once burned into my brain
Why has it taken so very long
To make myself understand
The culmination of a lifetime
Has given me a means to an end
What I can’t see, touch, taste, or smell or hear
But was only felt
Probably never existed at all.

No comments: