Friday, October 19, 2007

Choices

Furtive glances
Taking all but no chances
Just within reach.

Nowhere to go
Just riding where the wind blows
Letting life take me where ever it might.

No wonder I hate you so much
Since you’re always just beyond my touch
And love and hate are part of the same coin.

Choices we make along the way
Hoping that we won’t have to pay
Praying that we will have a saving grace.

Will I always be alone
Even if someone’s home
Even if I’m in a crowd?

I’m the sweet girl who’s always laughing
To whom everything adds up to nothing
Who looks for something worth having.

Outside looking in, you think I’m lucky
Outside looking in, you think I’m lovely
Outside is sometimes the better place to be.

I’ve been the center of attention
I’ve been the overlooked ghost of passion
I’ve followed my own path; this is where it’s led me.

I sit back and contemplate
How I got where I am to date
And it always comes back to choices.

How one person got me thinking this way
At the end of a tortuously long day
It makes me wanna say: f it all.

I rewound my life in my mind
To see where I fell behind
Years and years I go back in time.

Back to when I was a child
When the responsibilities weren’t piled
To a simpler time.

When I didn’t contemplate furtive glances
I took all of my chances
I miss those times.

When happiness was candy
When life was cliché but dandy
A sunny day made me happy…

A sunny day still makes me happy

My problem now is not enough time
Not even another line for this rhyme.

No comments: