Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Dancing Naked in the Rain

I am all alone
But for the song playing over and over in my head
In the key of G
And the dismal droning on and on
Of the abandoned TV.
The rain taps on the window
Like a friend who wants me to come out and play
Wouldn't the suburbanite neighbors
all think I'm crazy
If I danced outside in the rain?
The city beats and tugs and breaks down
A simple country girl like little ol' me
Between the traffic and the bustle
And the souless eyes of the people walking by
Who you wouldn't dare ask for directions
For fear of their brand of criminal punishment
By their knife, their fists, their guns, their verbal abuse
It breaks you down, day after day after day
When all you really want to do
Is dance, naked, in the rain
Not naked in the physical sense
But to expose your inner self,
Expose the childlike innocence that's left
Sometimes expose the pain,
and sometimes the simple, unabashed humor.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Who cares about the neighbors! :) If you feel like it, dance in the rain! I would.

Also, I think that it feels good to expose yourself sometimes, selectively of course. :) Let it all out and be crazy or "child-like" sometimes - I, personally, miss that and need to do it more often. I believe that society makes you grow up too fast and you can forget how to really live!

Kudos! I like this one.